back Zadarius Smith He agreed to a four-year, $35 million deal with the Ravens, until he didn’t. But he released the bird in his hand and had nothing else in the hopper.
In the end, Smith signed with the Vikings. It’s a three-year deal worth $42 million. on paper. Details, as they often do, paint a different picture.
Here they are, for each source with knowledge of the terms:
1. Signature bonus: $5 million.
2. Base salary for 2022: $1.45 million, fully guaranteed.
3. 2022 bounty for each existing game: $3 million ($176,470 per game).
4. Base salary for 2023: $9.45 million, of which $5.05 million becomes fully guaranteed in 2023.
5. 2023 per game list bonus: $3 million ($176,470 per game).
6. 2024 Nominee Reward for 90 players: $2.5 million.
7. Base salary for 2024: $14.45 million.
8. Bonus 2024 per game listed: $3 million ($176,470 per game).
9. 2022-24 Workout Bonus: $50,000.
The deal also includes incentives for 2022 and 2023. The 2022 package per season consists of $500,000 for 8.5 bags, or $750,000 for 10.5 bags, or $1 million for 12.5 bags. In 2023, it was $1.5 million for 8.5 bags or $3 million for 10.5 bags or $4 million for 12.5 bags.
It’s really a one-year contract worth $9.5 million, about a third of which relates to Smith’s ability to play in every game. At best, it’s a two-year deal worth $22 million.
The menu rewards for each game are huge, and for good reason. A back injury shorted Smith by just 18 times in 2021. The Vikings protect themselves against a potentially time-wasted Smith.
The final season, which grossed at $20 million, was fluff and puff, intended to make the deal he signed in Minnesota look better than the one he didn’t get in Baltimore.
“Certified social media geek. Lifelong coffee aficionado. Passionate food buff.”
Footmercato: “Panathinaikos’ priority is Moreira” – Football
Stefanos Tsitsipas – Roland Garros: Time and Channel of Battle with Schwartzman – Newsbomb – News
Hamburg 3-0: With the scorer, Mavropano made a move to stay in the Bundesliga