The statements of Benjamin Netanyahu’s advisor raise questions, following a downward review of the Israeli death toll from the October 7 attack carried out by Hamas. Since last week, the Israeli government has reduced the death toll from 1,400 to 1,200.
In response to a journalist’s question, Netanyahu’s advisor, Mark Regev, said that the death toll was incorrect, as they initially believed that the dead were members of the Israeli army, but – after investigations into identification – it turned out that the 200 bodies belonged to Israelis. Soldiers. Hamas.
“At first we said that in the heinous attack by Hamas against our people on October 7, we had a number of 1,400 casualties, and now we have revised it to 1,200 because we realized that we overestimated, we were wrong. There were actually bodies burned so badly that we thought they were ours. In the end, it appears that they were Hamas terrorists.”
interesting! Israel now recognizes about 200 of the bodies that it said were Israelis and turned out to be “severely burned” bodies of “Hamas terrorists”!
The question then: Who burned them?!? pic.twitter.com/Xgq9MejwPp
– Muhammad Shehada (@muhammadshehad2) November 17, 2023
The question that arises from this admission is to what extent the Israeli government may have made an error in estimating the death toll, and whether another reassessment should be made. It is noteworthy that the Israeli newspaper Haaretz estimated the number of Israeli deaths in the October 7 attack at 1,300.
“Hipster-friendly coffee fanatic. Subtly charming bacon advocate. Friend of animals everywhere.”