April 19, 2024

Valley Post

Read Latest News on Sports, Business, Entertainment, Blogs and Opinions from leading columnists.

More than 150 students have been diagnosed with cancer after being exposed to toxic substances

More than 150 students have been diagnosed with cancer after being exposed to toxic substances

More than 150 students, staff and alumni have reportedly been diagnosed cancer And other diseases associated with it University building in North CarolinaAccording to the British newspaper Daily Mail. The experts concluded that lecture and teaching rooms are made of Toxic chemicals.

Cases of lymphoma, thyroid cancer, and breast cancer, among others, have been reported in sick students in Bow Hall, a classroom building at the University of North Carolina (NC State).

The university building was closed in November 2023 amid reports of student and staff exposure to polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs).









It's about to Toxic chemicals linked to cancerDaily Mail comments. An investigation last month found that levels of PCBs in five halls at the university were high 38 times higher than the limit allowed by the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency), the British publication indicates.

Now facing UNC Lawsuits at any Relatives Of the 152 patients who were no longer alive.

Sarah Gland died at the age of 35. A mother of one, she dreamed of working in the public sector as soon as she finished her studies.







pleased
Sarah is happy with her husband, Robbie

However, her dreams never came true. Last January, Sarah lost her battle with breast cancer with her family claiming her illness was linked to attending classes at the University of North Carolina, Bow Hall.

The unfortunate British girl studied there 2007 to 2013 Where she obtained bachelor's and master's degrees.

Her husband, Robbie Gland, confirmed in an interview with local news station WRAL that the woman spent all of her school years there in Poe Hall.

“I don't care about the money. I don't care about compensation. I care about being able to help others,” says Robbie, who is now raising their only daughter on his own.

For her part, Christy Lewis, a graduate of NC State, said:He attended the university from 2007 to 2012– He reported that he started suffering from night sweats while attending classes at Poe Hall.

“I couldn't understand what was happening,” he told Fox News Digital.

“I had to get up at night and change my clothes. Then I fell asleep. I had to put a towel under the bed because of the profuse sweating. “Honestly, it took me weeks to talk to my husband about all this because I kept forgetting why I woke up at dawn dripping with sweat,” she added.

In 2012, doctors informed her that she was suffering from thyroid cancer. A few years later, doctors told her that the cancer had spread to her lymph nodes.

What concerns Christy Lewis today is whether motherhood has contaminated her children with toxic substances.

today's news:



On Sunday, a 39-year-old man was killed with five stab wounds outside an ATM in Aghi Anargyri.

Fire after explosion in a building in Istanbul – at least 15 dead and 8 injured


Mother of 12-year-old girl from Colonos released from prison – watch video

See also  Israeli Minister: “The nuclear bomb in Gaza is an option” - Netanyahu’s reaction