Joao Pedro and Ansu Fati scored twice to give Brighton a 2-0 win over Ajax and draw with AEK in Europa League Group B.
the Brighton She celebrated her first win in Europe with 2-0 Against Ajax in England in his third round the second group From the Europa League AEK caught up in the standings, leaving the Dutch behind.
“Iantas” aligned itself with interim coach Hedevics Maduro, who failed to transform a team that was going from bad to worse at the beginning of the season.
The hosts were outmatched throughout the match and had chances from the first half to score while Ajax only had one final to play at that time. Joao Pedro opened the scoring for Brighton in the 42nd minute, and at the start of the second half Ansu Fati made it 2-0.
The visitors reacted quickly, as Maduro made one change in the second half and two changes after the hour mark, but he was unable to score any goal to increase the momentum in the attack.
Results and schedule in the second group
- Ajax – Marseille 3-3 (9′ Forbes, 20′ Burkhouse, 52′ Taylor, 23′ Kloss, 38′, 78′ Aubameyang).
- Brighton – AEK 2-3 (Penalty kick 30, Pedro in the 67th minute, Sidibe in the 11th minute, Jasinovic in the 40th minute, Pons in the 84th minute)
- Marseille – Brighton 2-2 (19′ Pipa, 20′ Virtue / 54′ Gross. 88′ Pen. Pedro)
- AIK – Ajax 1-1 (74′ Vida / 30′ Bergwijn penalty)
- Marseille – AEK 3-1 (27′ Vitinha, 60′ penalty kick. Harit, 69′ penalty kick. Verto / 53′ Pineda)
- Brighton – Ajax 2-0 (42′ Pintro, 53′ Fati)
- 11/09 19:45 Ajax – Brighton
- 11/09 22:00 AEK – Marseille
- 30/11 19:45 AIK – Brighton
- 30/11 22:00 Marseille – Ajax
- 14/12 22:00 Ajax – AEK
- 14/12 22:00 Brighton – Marseille
“Certified social media geek. Lifelong coffee aficionado. Passionate food buff.”