Champions Barcelona squandered their first points this season in the opening match of the Spanish League, after drawing 0-0 in Madrid against Getafe in a difficult match.
Champions Barcelona started his duties with the left leagueAfter staying in 0-0 with the was flying In Madrid for the first match, in a difficult match at the “Alfonso Perez” stadium.
The Catalans joined last-minute signings for Ilkay Guidogan and Oriol Romeo and were in control of most of the match, but also had some holes in the backline that threatened Marc-Andre ter Stegen.
A tough game from the hosts was expected and after a big missed chance, Rafinha got angry with a counter-attack and shocked an opponent. His sacking caused problems for the Catalans, as Xavi pulled away from Andreas Christensen and Frenkie de Jong returned to centre-back.
In the second half, Barcelona took possession of the ball again, and Jose Bordalas players appeared on their sleeve again, and in the 57th minute, Jaime Mata was sent off with a second yellow card. The ball was constantly in Getafe’s court, but Barcelona had few chances.
In the 70th minute it was Xavi’s turn to be sent off, having already given the order to enter the match for 16-year-old Lamine Yamal and a little later for Ansu Fati. Everything looked as if the match was going to end in a draw until the ninth minute of stoppage time and the stage of the match.
Barcelona asked for a penalty kick, but before turning around in Ronald Araujo’s area, the referee saw Javi’s hand on the video, so he didn’t whistle a penalty kick.
First round results
- Almeria – Rayo Vallecano 0-2 (20′ pen. Palathon, 28′ pen. Eleven)
- Seville – Valencia 1-2 (69′ En Nesiri / 60′ Diakambi, 88′ Gera)
- Real Sociedad – Girona 1-1 (5′ Kobo / 72′ Dobbik)
- Las Palmas – Mallorca 1-1 (29′ pen. Vieira / 70′ Raijo)
- Athlete – SR 0-2 (28′ Rodrigo, 36′ Bellingham)
- Celta – Osasuna 0-2 (24′ R Garcia, 74′ Gomith)
- Villarreal – Betis 1-2 (61′ Cuenca / 20′ Perez, 90 + 5′ Jose)
- Getafe – Barcelona 0-0
- 8/14 20:30 Cadiz – Alaves
- 8/14 22:00 Atletico – Granada
Program of the second round
- 8/18 20:30 Mallorca – Villarreal
- 08/18 22:30 Valencia – Las Palmas
- 08/19 18:00 Real Sociedad – Tilta
- 8/19 20:30 Almeria – Real
- 08/19 22:30 Osasuna – Athletic
- 08/20 18:30 Girona – Getafe
- 08/20 20:30 Barcelona – Cadiz
- 08/20 22:30 Betis – Atlético
- 8/20 20:00 Alaves – Seville
- 08/20 22:30 Granada – Rayo Vallecano
“Certified social media geek. Lifelong coffee aficionado. Passionate food buff.”