Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis’ meeting with the political leadership of the Ministry of Health will take place at 12:00 p.m. developments in China Which suffers from a new wave of corona virus and the recommendations of the European Union regarding immigrants from the country.
Cases explode in China After the lifting of coronavirus restrictions prompted many Western countries to take action with Beijing reacting by talking of aggressive moves.
According to official data, only 5,250 coronavirus deaths have been recorded in China since the beginning of the epidemic. Western research centers estimate that more than 9,000 people die every day, while projections for the coming months indicate 2 million deaths within 24 hours.
In this climate, more than 10 countries, including the United States and Britain as well as members of the European Union, such as France, Italy, Belgium and Spain, have imposed restrictions on travelers from China who need to test negative during their arrival. Morocco banned Chinese visitors from entering.
Europe takes action
Yesterday, the European Union Crisis Response Mechanism (IPCR) met, and the main topic was the outbreak of the Coronavirus in China.
Member states agreed on a coordinated precautionary approach in light of the developments of COVID-19 in China, in particular taking into account the need for adequate and reliable data and the easing of travel restrictions by China from January 8, 2023, according to the statement. Swedish Presidency.
Member States agree on the following:
* We recommend that all passengers on flights to and from China wear a medical mask (FFP2 / N95 / KN95).
* Provide advice to incoming and outgoing international travelers coming from or heading to China, as well as aircraft and airport staff, on personal hygiene and health measures.
We are strongly encouraged to present, for all passengers departing from China to Member States, the requirement of a negative COVID-19 test no more than 48 hours prior to departure from China.
Member States are also encouraged to complement these measures by:
* Random checks for travelers coming from China upon their arrival in Member States, as appropriate, and sequencing all positive results to enhance monitoring of the epidemiological situation.
* Control of sanitation of airports with international flights and aircraft coming from China
* Continue to promote joint distribution of vaccine and immunization, including booster doses, especially among vulnerable groups.
“Hipster-friendly coffee fanatic. Subtly charming bacon advocate. Friend of animals everywhere.”