Apple will start selling the new Mac Studio on Friday. Fortunately, a lucky client managed to get their hands on the new desktop just a few days before its official release. With that said, he did share some pictures of this new pro machine.
Simone, the lucky customer, is a reader of the French blog Mac4everAccording to him, the store that bought the Mac made a mistake and shipped Mac Studio to it before it was supposed to be.
Bought the M1 Max Mac Studio. Prior to the announcement of this product during the “Peek Performance” event, 9to5Mac Exclusively mentioned that Apple will introduce this product along with the new Studio Display.
What makes this product unique is that it sits on top of a Mac mini, but can be just as fast as a Mac Pro — although there’s a decent alternative in the Apple business.
It has the same physical footprint as Apple’s popular Mac mini, but is significantly longer to accommodate the cooling system. It features an all-aluminum body with rounded edges and a black Apple logo on top.
As you can see in the pictures, it features four Thunderbolt 4 ports, a 10Gb Ethernet jack, two USB-A ports, an HDMI port, and a Pro headphone jack.
Mac Studio starts with the M1 Max chip with a 10-core CPU, 24-core GPU, 16-core Neural Engine, 32GB of unified memory and 512GB of SSD storage, but it can have the M1 Ultra chip with 20-core CPU, 48-core GPU, 32-core Neural Engine, 128GB RAM, and up to 8TB SSD.
Comparing its horsepower, Apple says the Mac Studio is:
- Up to 3.8 times faster CPU performance compared to the fastest 10-core iMac 27-inch processor.
- Up to 90 percent faster CPU performance than a Mac Pro with a 16-core Xeon processor.
- Up to 60 percent faster CPU performance than the 28-core Mac Pro.
- Up to 4.5x faster graphics performance than your 27-inch iMac, and up to 80% faster than the fastest Mac graphics card available today.
- Up to 12x faster than a 27-inch iMac, and up to 5.6x faster than a 28-core Mac Pro when transcoding video.
How do you like this new Mac Studio judging by its pictures? You can check out more at Mac4ever Post here.
FTC: We use affiliate links to earn income. more.
“Total alcohol fanatic. Coffee junkie. Amateur twitter evangelist. Wannabe zombie enthusiast.”