Atlético confirmed its long run against Valencia on Saturday night (18/03), as coach Diego Simeone’s team won 3-0 to establish itself in third place in La Liga.
Atlético’s daring continues with the goal of reaching the top four in La Liga at the end of this season with undiminished intensity. Real Madrid comfortably crushed Valencia 3-0 at the Wanda Metropolitano and celebrated their fifth win in their last six matches (10 unbeaten run) to leave them four-placed Sociedad and nine points behind Betis 5 and take another strong lead. A step to “secure” its presence in the new Champions League.
In contrast, Valencia were unable to threaten Rojblanco at any point, went 17th consecutive match without a win against them (6d-11d) regardless of their home ground (worst record against any opponent in their 104-year history), and still flirted with a team. Segunda is just above the drop zone.
As for the match, the red and white side started early, precisely in the 23rd minute, as Griezmann received an assist from Llorente and beat Mamardishvili, 1-0.
In the 49th minute, the Valencia goalkeeper said no to a dangerous shot from Llorente, but seconds later he had no answer for Carrasco, who received a perfect assist from De Paul and scored from a penalty kick from inside the penalty area.
As for the ice, it was added in the 67th minute and included two players who had been substitutes three minutes earlier. Morata came in from the left and crossed for Lemar who fired the ball into the net to make it 3-0 in awe.
- Athlete: Oblak, Molina, Savic, Jimenez, Hermoso, Llorente (70′ Rivas), Koke (77′ Wichel), De Paul (64′ Lemar), Carrasco (70′ Correa), Depay (64′ Morata), Griezmann
- Valencia: Mamardashvili, Foulke, Tsemert, Ezkajar, Gaya, Correa (63′ Lino), Nico (71′ Almeida), Guillamont, Musa (63′ Moriba), Duro (71′ Cavani), Kluifert (77′ Castigejo)
Round 26 results
- Valladolid – Bilbao 1-3 (74′ Larin / 30′ Martinez, 57′ Gurutheta, 78′ pen. Vesga)
- Almeria – Cadiz 1-1 (90 + 6′ pen. Melero / 49′ Roger)
- Rayo Vallecano – Girona 2-2 (23′ Balathon, 34′ Trishaw / 29′ 52′ Chegankov)
- Espanyol – Celta 1-3 (86′ Graguera / 26′ Vega, 45′ Pen. Aspas, 82′ Perez)
- Atletico – Valencia 3-0 (23′ Griezmann, 49′ Carrasco, 67′ Lemar)
- 03/19 15:00 Betis – Mallorca
- 03/19 17:15 Sociedad – Elche
- 03/19 17:15 Osasuna – Villarreal
- 03/19 19:30 Getafe – Seville
- 03/19 22:00 Barcelona – Real
Round 27 program
- 3/31 22:00 Mallorca – Osasuna
- 01/04 15:00 Girona – Espanyol
- 01/04 17:15 Bilbao – Getafe
- 01/04 19:30 Cadiz – Seville
- 01/04 22:00 Elche – Barcelona
- 02/04 15:00 Tilta – Almeria
- 02/04 17:15 Real – Valladolid
- 02/04 19:30 Villarreal – Sociedad
- 02/04 22:00 Atletico – Betis
- 03/04 22:00 Valencia – Rayo Vallecano
“Certified social media geek. Lifelong coffee aficionado. Passionate food buff.”
Monaco 79-70: Kaunas’ final eight-four dream gives strength to the Lithuanians
Bayern Munich: A fierce battle between Nagelsmann and Mane in the dressing room after qualifying for Paris
Tsitsipas-Khachanov 0-2: the Russian broke the pomegranate with an unerring serve (Fides)